(aside: this post will be full of unnecessary punctuation, sentence fragments, and very likely bad grammar.)
The Targo spent a month traveling for work. Now, it wouldn't have been the biggest deal if it hadn't been to India. And also, the circumstances aren't the greatest. I can't go into that here... but prayers are always appreciated. He's fine and he got to experience some interesting things, but it took a lot out of him.
Like everyone else, my workplace is going through tough economic times. We get regular emails from our HR department asking people to leave of their own volition, lest EVERYONE lose their jobs. Fun stuff.
Despite these stressors, I know how very lucky we are. It's not quite Thanksgiving, but I've realized ticking off little items of gratitude has helped me recently.
- We have a healthy little boy who really enjoyed Halloween ... he was the cutest Penguin. The Targo says he'll upload pictures soon. "Soon" in Targo is like, sometime between now and the next time we change the clocks. I kid. Mostly.
- As for right now, we both have our jobs. Despite the constant threats, we're employed.
- We have a roof over our head. That makes us better off than much of the world. And, we never worry if there's going to be food on our table.
- We have parents who are both involved and concerned. We don't need help now, but if we did I know that they would all do what they could.
- We have amazing friends. While Joe was gone, several people kept me company and had playdates with Nathan and me. Many more simply called or sent "hi, how are you?" emails. While I was fine, I passed the well-wishes onto Joe. It meant a great deal to him.