Nathan

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Daniel

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memoriam

I don't have a military family, but I have family members who have served one way or another. My youngest brother was in the Illinois National Guard for 8 years, and my mom's brothers have all served in peacetime.

But, that doesn't prevent me from thinking about the men and women whose sacrifices have granted us so much. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you to the soldiers, as well as their families who gift them to us so that we might sleep a little more soundly tonight.

As someone who works in law enforcement, I see these same sorts of souls do this on a daily basis. The people on the front lines who rush into danger to get you out... even when you're cursing and spitting on them, or if they don't know you. So, I believe we should not only honor those who serve so diligently in the U.S. Armed Forces, but also those who serve us in our own back yard. I find that their daily sacrifice, while not being concerned with roadside bombs and AEDs, is true. Thank you too.

No comments: