Nathan

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Daniel

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 15, 2010

Overbooked

I'm sort of a homebody. Sort of. I love doing things with friends and family, but I certainly relish my time at home to just be with my guys.

The past few weekends, I've been crazily booking Nathan for activities and playdates. When I throw in serving at church and visiting family, I'm just exhausted. Why am I doing this? I'm not sure.

Sometimes I think that if I don't shore up these connections now, I won't have them when I leave my job in January. I also worry that I'll forget how to interact with my friends with "real jobs" when I'm at home full-time. Then again, what will we have in common? Will they want to hang out with me?

This is one of those stupid anxieties I'm sure many women leaving the workforce feel. Really, because I don't have enough real stuff to worry about. Dork.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

LOL @ the image of you losing your social skillz at home. I think like that, too. Have you tried the Little Gym? You can meet lots o mommy friends on the big! red! mat!