Nathan

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Daniel

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

A Father's Day

I keep thinking how lax I am ... just in general, but blogging specifically. I used to write glowing, flowery love letter to Joe on my blog on both his birthday and father's day... I totally dropped the ball this year. Except...

This year we were celebrating Father's Day being parents together. We had brunch with his parents on Saturday and spent yesterday at home being a family. Our kids are at the ages where it sucks to take them in public where Nathan can't run around. Or, anywhere Daniel can't readily nurse. (I'm totally that unapologetic public breastfeeder. I use a nursing cover, but still... UNAPOLOGETIC!)

I'm ridiculously crazy about my husband, and watching him with our kids makes me appreciate him more every day. I can't believe how well he's adapted to the crazy that is our life. As insane as his life has been, he's always able to stop and change a diaper, run Nathan around the block, or read a bedtime story.

I don't have much lovely prose to write - I don't have the brainpower to think it - but I'm just really happy and really blessed with this guy.

I hope the rest of you had a lovely day with the fathers in your life.

No comments: