Nathan

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Daniel

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Quick Notes and a Thank You

So, as of yesterday, I returned to work. It's a temporary arrangement that's mutually beneficial. My friend, who was hired to replace me, has to have surgery. So, my employer has hired me temporarily to do my old job. Fortunately, they're paying me what my replacement makes (quite a bit more than I was making!).

Right now, my boys are with Joe's parents, which is good. They're comfortable with them and it gives my in-laws a chance to bond with Daniel. Also, it's free! The bad side is that my in-laws are getting up there in years. Joe's dad will be 70 this fall and Joe's mom is still going through treatment for breast cancer. To ease their burden a bit, my mom is going to be coming up here every other week.

But, because nothing is easy, my dad had hip replacement surgery this morning. So my mom is helping him out. But, she hopes to be up here in two weeks.

It's a little sad that I'm relieved. I think this time out of the house will give me some perspective, and remind me of how much I do have to be grateful for. I want to thank all of you for responding so kindly to my post yesterday. It's embarrassing enough that I should delete it. I was obviously feeling quite low. I know things will get better.

No comments: