Nathan

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Daniel

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Expectations and Misrepresentation

We finally got around to taking new kitty to the vet. (It should be known that this was a week ago, but I'm just getting around to writing about it now...)

New kitty HATES being confined. The second the kennel comes out, the howling starts. And by howling, I mean EARTH-SHATTERING NOISE. Targo dropped me off at the vet and drove home and then met us there again (we only live three blocks away). The cat was so loud I didn't think I'd be able to walk to the vet without being arrested for animal abuse or noise pollution. Whatever.

Anyhoo... we got there, checked in and waited to see the vet. Aside - This is a really nice animal hospital, but it has convenience store prices. I think they prey on people without cars who want to provide healthcare for their pets. "OH - you need to get your cat spayed like a responsible citizen? That's $300." Something else that sucks is that you never see the same vet. We've taken Mystic there since we got her in 2003 and I swear, we've seen four different vets. Maybe five. But I digress. We're waiting for the vet and New Cat is just chilling on the exam table. This is the laziest kitten (about 6 mos. old) I have ever seen.

The vet comes in and asks us questions.

US: Yeah, we think she's about 6 months old. Look at the size of her jack-rabbit feet and her huge ears. She hasn't grown into those yet. She's not doing anything weird. She seems healthy except for her horrendous breath.

Mr. 20 year old Vet: Oh yeah. Stinky breath. Extra charge for contaminating air. Cat's not kitten. Extra charge for stupidity.

*So, the vet is probing New Cat's abdomen and keeps looking puzzled.*

Me: DEAR GOD, don't tell us she's pregnant.

Vet: Um, I don't think that's the problem.

*Probing continues*

Vet: I'm going to get a second opinion, but I think you've got a neutured male here.

Us: *Dumbfounded* WHAAAA?

So, yes, we will be forever known as those people who didn't know that they had a boy cat and by the way he's 2 years old and has worms. Thank you, that will be $200.



No comments: