Nathan

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Daniel

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Dysfunction

Gah... two weeks and counting. I'm very uncomfortable today and my back - it hurts a lot. I'm not sure I explained my actual injury. Somehow, when The Targo and I started running, I hurt the muscles between my shoulders. Because it was painful, I actually altered the way I stand, the way I sit, and my gait, which resulted in a rib dysfunction. I have no idea what that is either... but after a year (plus) of chiropractic care and physical therapy, I was feeling good. And then I got pregnant. And suddenly, this baby got really big. And the rib dysfunction is quite dysfunctional and I smell ... like Icy Hot ... like, all the time. This is just a big whine and really, I don't know why I had to share. Meh.

So anyway, The Targo and I were at his parents' house tonight, going through baby pictures. Good lawd, he was a cute kid. Unfortunately, they didn't have their scanner hooked up, so no pics for you.

I recently visited my aunt's website and found a couple of pictures from when I was little. Man... the Seventies and photos. What the heck was up with that orange color that all the pictures seemed to have. And don't get me started on Grandma Jones' ugly furniture... Especially her davenport (real people may say sofa or couch.). Lucky for you, I cropped it out! Heh.

Here are two shots I found. I had to crop people out of them though, thus the awkwardness.


This is a shot of my youngest brother, Chris, and me. The caption says 1977... so, I would have been almost two. I'm not sure if that's right. What I know is wrong - Chris's knee socks. Seriously? Oh and the LPGA visor is not a good look. At all.


This next picture is allegedly Christmas of 1979, which I know is a lie. I think this was 1982. Looking back to my second grade picture (in my mind), that sounds about right. There's never been a four year old that tall. So, I'm thinking I was 7.

All of this babbling and silliness has a point. What say you, internets? Is this my nose?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're almost there, Marianne! These last two weeks suck royally, so I think a rant is well in order.

Looking forward to meeting Peanut! :)

Aimee said...

Awwww cute nose! :)

Becca said...

So cute!!! I agree, these last two weeks are not the best, but it's almost over!

L Sass said...

Your bro's sox are amazing... if Peanut is a boy, he's going to need a pair!

Anonymous said...

The 70s and 80s were just bad.

Candy said...

Holy crap, these new sonogram pictures are just freaky. I mean, your baby is adorable and all that, don't get me wrong, but wow. That's like science fiction.

Anonymous said...

Before I got to the bottom of the page, I was going to say "ha, now we know what the Targettina will look like."

And there she is! (I'm still convinced she's a she. Because I'm always wrong.)

Tara said...

You definitely rocked the visor in that picture! :-)

Hmm...I think the baby does have your nose.