Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers


Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Is There a Doctor in the House?

Are there any physical therapists out there? (Besides my friend Colleen.)

I think I've permanently damaged my right arm (and my back, OY!) from carrying Nathan in his car seat. He just passed 18 pounds, so I'm taking him out of it - usually. The only times I leave him in it is if he's asleep. I wake the kid up at 6:00-6:15 to get him ready for daycare. The least I can do is let him sleep when he falls asleep in the car.

Anyhoo - I'm learning (about time!) and am not carrying him in the car seat ANY MORE. But, what can I do about my right arm? It's weird, tingly, hurts ... and just not right. Know what I mean?

I know what you're thinking, because I think it too: How can someone that inarticulate get a PhD? *shrug*


Ree said...

Based on your last post, consider doing biceps curls with that boy.

Snort. ;-)

Marianne said...

HAH! I heart you, Ree!!

SSU said...

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is impingement. It is when there is swelling in the joint which compresses some of the blood vessels. I am not a PT, but I have lots of experience with my own shoulder issues after years of swimming and playing tennis.

Sarah's Stampin said...

I SOOOOOOO remember the numb arms, might help going to a chiropractor because from what I was able to figure out the main issue is balance. There really isn't any way to balance the weight. I'm 6 months away from schlepping another car carrier around with a little one in it, this time with a 3 y/o in tow also. Not looking forward to it! Good luck!