Nathan

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Daniel

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Seasons of Love - 10 Months

**GAH! I put the wrong video on this message!! I'll change it when I get home.**

Dear Nathan,

You are so darned cute and funny and awesome, I wish I had the words. I know I say this every month, but I fall more in love with you ever day.

Your first Halloween was everything your daddy hoped it would be. We dressed you up in the cutest costume we could find (and you might be a lion next year, if it still fits) and sat out in front of our apartment to hand out candy. The neighbors kept coming and sitting with you and talking to you. Fortunately you were charming and didn't hit them with this stink eye.



During the past month you've really broadened your social horizons. You've attended several play dates, walked in a parade, and went to a music class. You handled all of these with a combination of little boy excitement and bourgeoisie boredom.

You've also taken your first unassisted steps. I've only seen it once, but your babysitter says that you're trying to walk on a regular basis. If I give you a cookie, will you please slow down?

Your "vocabulary" has expanded from "dada" and "mama" to slasher-movie screams and about ten other syllables. Your daddy and I just look at you when you're talking, because we're unsure how we're supposed to respond. We know when we're wrong because you groan and then yell - Louder.

Your daddy and I feel lucky that you're such a cold-tolerant little guy, because we love to be outside, even when the temperature drops. Your daddy is counting down the years until he can take you to your first ski lesson. I'm personally looking forward to dragging a sled through the neighborhood and building snowcatsmen.

I admit, I get a little sad as you inch toward your first birthday. But! You're becoming so much fun and your personality is so sweet and funny. (I especially love your dance moves.) We can't wait to see what the next month brings us!


4 comments:

Becca said...

Aww, sweet boy! I love the lion costume!

Kristabella said...

I love that photo of him in the Bears hat! He's getting so big!

Did you participate in that Halloween thing in your hood where they shut down the street and all the businesses handed out treats? I went to brunch that day and when we got out we were flooded with kids! I was hoping to run into you guys but it was COLD!

Shannon said...

Nathan looks so cute in that lion costume I would probably keep him in it all the time. Liam started walking at 10-1/2 months so be prepared, it sounds like Nathan will be an early walker too. They looks so cute bobbing around the house.

I haven't had time to post anything about our adventures in weaning and sleeping but I'll share a little. Weaning was the easy part for Liam. I don't think he has missed nursing at all. The hard part was letting him cry at bedtime. But it worked. Can you believe I am writing that Liam is sleeping better than he ever has?!?!? He has even slept completely through the night three times. We're so excited!!

AJU5's Mom said...

Nathan looks like such a serious lion!