Nathan

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Daniel

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 24, 2008

Fun and Games

On Saturday morning, Nathan and I went to a "Mommy" and me music and movement class. Mommy is in quotes because there were daddies there, and an uncle. So really, it was a "caregiver and me" class. It was awesome.

I never thought I'd be that mom that would enjoy things like that. Now, this is me totally stereotyping, but I honestly thought it was one of those things that moms did to say their kid was enrolled in XYZ class. But we had such a great time.

The first half hour of the class was singing and dancing in circles. Whenever we would stop, Nathan would stand around as if to say "Look at me!!! I'm standing! Hey! Aren't you thinking about me cracking my head open???" He loved the singing and laughed out loud the majority of the time. Come to think of it, maybe he was delirious from not sleeping much the night before.

The second half of the class was sitting in a circle and playing with noisemakers and hand instruments. Nathan spent much of the time crawling around and sitting with other people. There was one baby there younger than him. He hung out with her for a good five minutes. And then he took her toy.

This class was a free trial, but I'm encouraged by how much the two of us enjoyed it. I am really thinking of enrolling him in something like this for the winter.

1 comment:

Kristabella said...

I'm glad he liked it! Sounds like a class I would enjoy too! :)