Nathan

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Daniel

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Healthy Thanksgiving

Hi guys ... just a quick shout out... I'm looking for healthy recipes to take to my parents' house for Thanksgiving. I mean, yes, I could do a google search for recipes... but it would be nice to know what's worked for you.

My mom is cooking the traditional Thanksgiving fare: Turkey, stuffing, pies, some sort of casserole. I'm planning on bringing a sweet bread, rolls, side dish, and a low-calorie dessert.

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I am on the search for some healthier alternatives too. I'll let you know what I find!! Are you feeling better?

Lani said...

This isn't much, but for Thanksgiving, I like to make my own whipped cream out of heavy creamer and a bit of sugar and then beat it for 10 minutes or so. It just kinda makes dessert a little fancier.

Oh, and also, my mom taught me to buy a Sara Lee pie, pop it out of the container and cook it in one of my own dishes to make it look homemade. :-)