Nathan

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Daniel

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Going Through the Motions

First of all, I appreciate the kind comments and emails over the past few weeks. I realize our struggles aren't as bad as many people's, but it helps when people express compassion and sympathy. It actually helps me become more grounded. Thank you.

I had all these hopes for January, not exactly New Year's resolutions, but hopes. For example, I'm working on my "negative Nancy" attitude. I realize how much grace the people around me have extended, yet I'm still a bitter jerk.

I'm also working on time management. On most nights, I get home between 5:00 and 5:30 (some nights, it's closer to 6:00). Not too bad. I always walk in the door, and suddenly, my backside hits the couch. After that, it's a blur: dinner, bath, put Nathan to bed, crash and burn. WHOA. Where do those 5-6 hours go? I'm pretty sure they belong to HGTV and I need to stop that.

The last thing I really wanted to work on was making more home-cooked meals. We eat at home nearly every night, however, it's often frozen dinners, pizza, or something that comes from a box with nice ingredients no one can pronounce. While they taste good, I'm just not sure they're the best foods for my little monkey. Or me. Or the Targo.

So, I've got plans! Lotsa lotsa plans! If I can get out of this little hole I'm in, I've got faith that I can take these steps. And the kindness you've all shown me has definitely helped.

1 comment:

Maggie May said...

I can definitely relate to this. I've found that making and working on a plan with my husband is key to sanity and less guilt.