Nathan

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Daniel

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 23, 2010

Rumination

Our whole family (you know, all three of us) will be visiting my aunt and meeting baby Alexi. I'm pretty psyched. Maybe that's the wrong word. I'm glad to spend time with my family, even the ones who have put me on their "Do No Like" list. That's okay. I'll just love them that much more.

I'm not sure how my aunt is doing. No one really seems to talk about it. But, I know her spirits are good and that she's a fighter. I know that she's surrounded by people who love her with every breath. I know that my cousin's husband is a very kind man, who has taken to first-time fatherhood and newly acquired sandwich generation responsibilities, like he was born for them.

I am also excited to share this person, this amazing little person, who steals hearts with his hearty smile and big blue eyes, with my family. Some of them have never met him, despite our only living 4 hours away. Others haven't seen him for about a year and a half, and he's changed just a bit since then.

He's no longer a squishy, bald baby, but this little boy with opinions and words, who never stops moving. EVER.

On another of things we're pondering, Nathan is potty training and it's going great! He asks to go to the potty every day when we get home from work. He's successfully peed in the potty four times (a great ratio for the short amount of time he's been trying). I'm ridiculously optimistic. Feel free to bring me down to earth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY for Nathan! I can't believe how big he is!

Swimming-duck said...

Nathan is ridiculously adorable! I can't believe how big he's getting. Our babies are growing up. *sniff sniff* I wish you well on the potty journey. It is exciting isn't it? Ayden sounds like Nathan in that he also NEVER stops moving. It gets to be a bit tiring much of the time, but I wouldn't trade my rambunctious bouncing bundle of joy for all the world!