Nathan

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Daniel

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 30, 2010

Turn About

I've been thinking a lot about this blog lately. We've had months of sadness and not a lot of fun or funny stuff to report. I feel like everything I write about Nathan is tempered with the bad, or somewhat bad things, that are going on in my life. I don't know if I want to continue to write about these things, but I do want to continue to write. I mean, my gosh, Nathan... I feel compelled to share some of these things with you who cheered me through my pregnancy and those early infant days. You cheered me like you knew me, like I was someone important to you.

Things I'm thinking:

  • I want to write more about parenting. Being a full-time working parent (outside of the home) is really difficult. We're hoping for some changes in our lives in the next year or so, but until then, it helps me to write about the challenges and to count my blessings in text.
  • I want to take more photos. I live in a really remarkable city that's peppered with people and architecture that represent just about every culture in the world. I think some of these people and things don't get their five minutes. Is that where I want to go with my blog?
  • I'm trying to become more frugal. When The Targo and I got married, he not only got me, but he got a whole lot of debt with me. We've paid off everything except my student loans. And really, I'm pretty sure I'm going to die with those over my head. Anyway, although we live in a really expensive neighborhood in an expensive city, we still manage to do pretty much whatever we want to do. I've learned so many lessons on frugal but fun living and I totally want to share.
  • This last year has been sort of bad for me and my family. I'm contemplating two things: deleting the posts like they didn't exist, or moving to a new blog. A fresh start.

So, yeah. These are some of the things going on in my ridiculous head. Typing them out in a fabulous bullet-pointed list has helped me. But then again, I like lists. They complete me.

3 comments:

AJU5's Mom said...

I would love to read your posts on how you manage working full time and being a mom. Even though I don't work full-time, I like to hear how others handle things!

And pictures are always nice. Maybe you could make a once a week or once a month post about cool things in Chicago?

As for deleting posts - I wouldn't do it. You may want to go back some point int he future and read about the bad times. They give you perspective on the present and what you went through. But I do understand the new beginning too...

Aly said...

Hi miss! I know what you mean about blog dilemmas - hence my major move from the old site to the new, more anonymous one.

If you do want a change (always good) - I would still keep your old posts. They may be a little cringe worthy but they're YOU and that's why we love you! x

Where animals speak said...

Don't move to a new blog... This is your work, don't delete it, it's sad... :-(

Really good texts, I love them!

Hugs!

Bally the turtle