Nathan

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Daniel

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

24 Weeks

I had my last appointment with the genetic counselor yesterday. As with the previous two, everything looked great. My fluid, which had previously been on the low end of normal, was back well-within the normal range. The baby is growing well, but still measuring a little small. And man, that child was ACTIVE during the whole exam. He/She kept kicking my belly, the doctor's hand, and the ultrasound probe/wand/thing.

The whole experience would have been fun, perhaps even magical, had the doctor and the tech not kept asking me if I was sure that I didn't want to know the sex. NO! It seemed like it was meant to be funny. I think.

Sometime in the next week or so, I'll need to go for my glucose test. Again, not a big deal. It's just really difficult juggling all of this: Home, work, daycare, and a million doctor's appointments. The frustrating part for me is that I live in the city, work in a suburb, have daycare in the same suburb, but my doctors are in the city - downtown. GAH! This was much easier to do when I was just me that I was hauling around.

So, yeah... Everything is going well. I'm happy, healthy ... and I hope the little Jelly Bean is too.

No comments: