Nathan

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Daniel

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 20, 2007

Inexcusable?

When I walked into Dunkin' Donuts, amongst the other yuppies, I noticed people looking at me strangely. When I walked into the office, it occurred to me why.

You see, maternity pants are a little too big. Excuses, excuses - blah blah. So, I've been wearing one or two pairs of my "fat pants" to mix it up. But really, does that excuse me from the fashion faux pas that I'm committing today?

Despite my khaki pants and red t-shirt, if anyone asks me for a cart, they're getting smacked. Because is it ever okay to dress like you work at Target? Ever?

*EDIT 2:30 pm* I should also mention that I had to unexpectedly attend a funeral this morning... In Target wear. Awesome.

8 comments:

L Sass said...

A couple years ago, I got to attend a Fashion Week fashion show through a friend of a friend. Without even thinking about it, I wore tan wool pants and a red v-neck sweater to work that day.

I just about died when I realized that I was going to fashion week (where I already Do Not Belong) dressed like a Target employee. It was traumatic.

the lizness said...

tan and red are not ok together? i likey it a lot.

okay. so I also applied at Target.

anyways.

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear. I'm wearing red and khaki today.

Hand me my Target badge! Does that mean I get an employee discount???

Rima said...

Thanks for the chuckle! The Tar-Jay uniform? Not so bad compared to my old Taco Bell getup of gray polyester pants, burgundy polo shirt, and the requisite pin proclaiming, "Welcome to the Border! May I take your order?"

Anonymous said...

Hehe, I wouldn't have even thought about you working at Target - I've blended in to shop assistants a few times now. Mostly when I wear a white shirt and black pants, standard waitressing gear apparently. (They wouldn't want ME bringing them their coffees, am so clutzy, they'd end up wearing them!)

Yay for your expanding belly!

Anonymous said...

Wait until you get really preggers and leave your house wearing two different shoes. Because you can't see your feet. And don't notice until you get home and your husband makes fun of you. Because pregnancy sucks your brain out, fries it, and then hands it back completely shot.

Nice blog, by the way. I'm visiting by way of the CafeMom totally awesome blah blah blah group.

Christi Flores said...

I love me some Target wear. I think they are cute colors together. Am I wrong in feeling that way? Oh, and if you think this is the worst of your preggo dressing experiences...think again. LOL

Anonymous said...

LOL I think of that when I go to Target too. funny stuff.