Nathan

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Daniel

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Road Rage

The Scene: A busy thoroughfare in the city of Chicago at 6:00 in the morning. Our heroine was driving a small Honda Civic 5 mph above speed limit in the right lane, trying to avoid being run over by the people driving 20 mph above the speed limit. It should be told that our heroine is a reformed speeder who needs to never-ever-ever get another ticket.

*HONK HONK HONK HONK*

Our heroine freaked out and glanced in her rear view and passenger side mirrors, only to see a red pickup truck driving aggressively in the parking lane (the parking lane!). The driver of the red truck swerved in and out the right lane. Our heroine swerved to the left to avoid getting hit. Meanwhile the crazy man in the red truck cut in front of her.

Heroine: What that ...?

Crazy guy in truck: F--- you, lady! F--- you! *obscene finger gesture*

Our heroine changed lanes and slowed down, because dude, that guy be nuts!

Just moments later, a silver SUV pulled in front of our heroine, sans turn signal, naturally. The SUV sped up to meet the red truck. The crazy guy in the red truck leaned out of the window and started screaming at the woman in the SUV. And then he spit at her car.

I have no idea what happened ... but seriously, y'all.

7 comments:

TSintheC said...

Oh, this is sooooo why I live 2.2 miles from the office. I would KILL someone. I know my limits ;-)

Miss Notesy said...

How funny! and scary!

Anonymous said...

This trumps my story of following the Unibomber this morning (complete with hoodie and sunglasses).

I'm guessing guy in red truck was MAD that he was on the road at 6 AM. Because I sure as hell would have been.

Anonymous said...

I loathe LOATHE idiotic drivers. At least you moved away from the psycho and were safe(r). I really don't trust anyone on the road these days after the stuff I've seen driving.

Nicole P. said...

See now, THAT'S the part of Chicago that I will NEVER miss. EVER.

Tara said...

Your crazy driver incident trumps my crazy driver incident of the day. I hate, HATE stupid drivers too. Good thing nobody got hurt.

Anonymous said...

Yikes, that's nuts! He spit at her car??? Seriously?

Is our heroine OK to drive another day?

And people wonder why I don't have a license.....