1. Link to your tagger and post the rules.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself, some random and some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of post and list their names.
4. Let them know they were tagged by a comment on their blog.
Okay, here we go.
- The Targo and I are both natural blondes with blue eyes. Both sets of our parents have dark hair. My mom and dad have green and hazel eyes, respectively. His parents both have brown eyes. He's totally afraid that if we have a dark-haired child, people will doubt its paternity. I'm more worried about looking like a family of clones. (Does that count as weird?)
- I can't remember if I've mentioned this, but I can hear a song once or twice (depending on how fast it is) and know nearly all of the words. This would be reason number one that I cannot listen to rap or metal: The words are so terrible.
- I've never been in a physical fight, not really. When I was 5 and my next-door neighbor was 6, she said something really mean to me, so I slapped her in the face and gave her a bloody nose. My mom made me apologize, but I didn't mean it. (Okay I was sorry, but not entirely.) In high school, I punched (in the arm) one of my best friends when he told me I had big thighs. He reported the slug to my mom and tried to tell her he said "big eyes." Lying jerk. Other than that, I've always been the victim in physical altercations. I find these stories so weird now because I honestly cannot imagine getting into a physical fight. I'm such a wimp.
- Besides my Bozophobia, I think my biggest
freakismquirk is my menu anxiety. If a selection is too large, I get annoyed. Because I. LOVES. FOOD. And no matter what I order, I always want what someone else has. It's ridiculous and terrible and stupid. And I hate it. It's not so bad when I eat out with The Targo because he only orders six different things. So, I'm all, "Meh...But what's that guy six booths away eating? That looks SO GOOD!"
- I didn't think it was possible to love a job as much as I love mine. I even want to go to work when I'm sick. How messed up is that? I loved my previous job a lot too. The hardest thing about it was trying to describe to people what I did. Have you noticed if there's no television show about your job, people don't really get what you do? This is why I think there needs to be a show about grad school, because most people are like "but you don't have a job? What do you mean you only have four classes? Are you a career student?" They don't realize that for the social sciences, you have about 20 hours of reading and 20 hours of writing per week, in addition to class time. But I get it: That TV show would be almost as boring as my life. Almost. There'd be good looking people in it, so there you go.
- I've never worked in an office where there were more men than women. I don't mean the overall company, but in my division/unit. My last three jobs had a total of seven men and approximately 20 women. And, I hate to even say this, but it's true: I can't imagine more hostile working environments. I don't think it's the gender distribution, but the women themselves. I'm talking shouting, profanity-laced arguments, alliances, and back-biting like I've never seen. I've always minded my own business and have often closed doors. Twice it's been so bad that I've actually had to complain to my boss (which makes me feel catty). Has anyone else had that type of experience? Like I said, I've never worked in a male-dominated unit, but I know those experiences have been bad. EDIT: To be clear, I'm not making any negative comments about "women in the workplace" or "women in power." I've never had a problem with any of my female bosses. Many of my coworkers have simply been the type of people who 1) can't compromise, and 2) can't accept that all people don't think, work, and react the same way. Thus, UBER CONFLICT! AHHHHH!
- I am a gigantor FREAK SHOW. I have already picked out and am thinking of ordering a Halloween costume for my child - who hasn't been born. But, mygah, this is so flipping cute. (From amazon.com)
I'm a pile of mush over here! It would be perfect if it had Mystic's one black foot. Bwahaha.
Anyhoo...You all know I'm a bad tagger, so please feel tagged. I love learning random Cheez Whiz facts about you!