Nathan

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Daniel

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 05, 2009

Question #2 - What Did You Miss Out On As A Kid?

There are many reasons why I love living in Chicago: the availability of things to do, even in the winter, is one of them. This weekend, The Targo, Nathan and I went to Navy Pier for a winter festival. It was a blast! The center of the room (?) was full of Christmas trees, there were three gigantic inflatable slides. There was ice skating, rock climbing, and a huge Ferris wheel. For the littles, they had a couple trains, inflatables, and flying dragons. Nathan was a little too little for almost everything, but he really enjoyed the candy cane tunnels. I put him down, and he zoomed right through... I so didn't need to go to the gym yesterday! He got to walk around (yes, he's sans shoes) a lot, and he had his first carousel ride. He was fine until he started clapping, then slipped, then got a little scared.



I'm not sure if you can see it in this picture, but there was much maniacal laughter. It was pretty pricey ($12/person, even for Nathan, and $23 to park), but I considered it my New Year's Eve, since we didn't go out. Also, the crazy belly laughs we got out of Nathan were totally priceless. I so wish I would have been able to go to something cool like this when I was a kid.
So, this brings me to today's question: What sorts of thing(s) are available now that you wish was around when you were a kid?

2 comments:

AJU5's Mom said...

This is a hard one. All of the new things take so much of the imagination out of playing. The play places, etc are great for special occasions, but I don't think they are for regular visits. I guess the biggest thing I wish was around when I was a kid was dvr so I could watch less tv while watching more shows!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

These pictures remind me of the Children's Museum ... specifically, the one in Boston ... where a girlfriend and I proceeded to almost get stuck in one of the mazes because it wasn't mean for grown-ups ... which led to me almost peeing in my pants because we were laughing so hard as we tried to get un-stuck. But, that doesn't answer your question now, does it?!?