Nathan

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Daniel

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Perhaps It's in One of the Boxes

Oh Lord. I can't see it. The light at the end of the tunnel? I think it's being obscured by boxes and dust bunnies. Will we ever be settled?

We had our kitchen put together really quickly. I told The Targo the kitchen should be a priority so we don't eat out every night. (Our neighborhood has fabulous restaurants.) The kitchen is clean and uncluttered. There's nothing on the counters except for a couple of black and white cats.

We had the living room put together too. The Targo's dad came over on Sunday. He kindly brought us the rest of our wedding gifts (we didn't have room for them before) and took a bajillion boxes of books with him. The Targo tried to get him to take the chair too. The Chair! There's not really enough space in our living room for the papasan and the chair. So, Mr. Unilateral-Interior-Designer decided we were getting rid of the chair. Long story short: The Chair is still in the living room. Boo-yah! After his dad left, The Targo decided to get the office/Peanut-room put together. *weep* The living room is once again a box colony. I can't find anything. And when I feel like we're getting one room under control, I turn around and the boxes are setting up camp. Gah!

I'm slowly going crazy, Internets. This Crazy is not only manifesting itself in my giving inanimate objects distinct malevolent personalities, but also I can't seem to find my internal monologue. Have you seen it? I thought maybe I packed it with the remote control batteries and The Targo's alarm clock. I haven't found them either. Anyway ... Case in point: yesterday, while crossing the street - legally, at a crosswalk - The Targo and I were almost hit by a woman (driving a luxury car, of course) rolling through the crosswalk while talking on her cell phone! I said "Hi lady! Nice crosswalk, isn't it? Get off of your darned phone!" The Targo walked really fast, I think in effort to not be associated with me. "You know you're going to get us killed, right?"

Meh... whatever.

7 comments:

TSintheC said...

Mr. Hot usually goes over and taps on the window and explains "the thick white line" to cross-walk-goer-overers.

He does this very loudly while speaking very slowly.

Usually, I'm watching their hands to see if they raise a pistol ;-)

Christi Flores said...

Hahaha! I just went through the same thing a few months ago and let me tell you unpacking is not fun. It seemed like forever before we had everything where we wanted it. Ugh!

I'm with you about the lady almost hitting you. I would've been yelling too but keeping my eyes open for any weapons.

Anonymous said...

I've actually thought about buying that exact chair at Target on quite a few occasions.

I do the same kind of things when I'm driving. With my windows open. On the South Side right near the United Center.

Tara said...

I just stumbled across your blog & I wanted to say I enjoyed reading it.

Your story about the crosswalk incident reminded me of a similiar incident that happened to me while I was attending college in Chicago. This woman in her fancy car was chatting on her cell at a stoplight. I was legally crossing the street (in a crosswalk) when she threw her car into reverse and backed into me. She gave ME an evil look and said, "How was I supposed to see you? You were behind me." Heh. I just screamed, "Are you serious?!?!" as I swung my heavy bag of books at her car.

Anonymous said...

Marianne, dahlink! You have your internal monologue just fine. Now you also have Peanut's, too. Maybe Peanut's is louder on some days?

I feel your angst about the boxes. Don't get me started on my dining room. Or, the Pit of Box Despair, as I call it.

L Sass said...

Most crosswalk-crossing-cars in NYC slide into reverse when they commit that faux pas. Pedestrians in New York are vicious!

Unknown said...

I've lived in my house for 4 years and I still have boxes I haven't unpacked! Good Luck!