Nathan

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Daniel

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Am.A.Freak.

Why am I an idiot? So, I lost my wallet on my birthday. That sucked. And I also discovered how easy (frighteningly easy) it is to get a replacement driver's license in Illinois. Very very scary.

The other night, in the midst of all of our packing insanity, I lost my purse. OMIGOSH! Where could it be??? I losted it!!

After about a half hour of frantic searching and calling myself every synonym of idiot I could think of, I had the bright idea to have The Targo call my cell phone. You know, when two people in the house are PhD candidates, you'd think we'd have a heck of a lot more common sense than this.

(aside) I need to interrupt this train of thought by telling you that Nathan loses my
keys EVERY DAY! He takes them when we walk in the door, and then? Well, they end up a myriad of places. I have found them all but once. I actually LOST that set of keys. Now that Nathan knows the word "key" (which he says like a Yiddish word --- as if it's spelled chhhee... like, challah), he always finds them for me. (/aside)


So, The Targo called my phone and of course, my purse was right in front of us. UNDER THREE BOXES! Jeez. I can't wait to move.

1 comment:

AJU5's Mom said...

We got AJU5 her own set of keys - actually ones that don't go to much of anything like my bike lock. That way she can have hers when we go bye (she asks for them EVERY TIME).

As for losing things, moving and getting organized does help. I lost my purse/cell phone/keys regularly until we got the family room done (which is where we enter the house). Now I have a place to put everything so I don't lose it. So, don't feel like you are the only one who losses things!