Nathan

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Daniel

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 15, 2010

Forward

Just three weeks ago, we were outside playing in the snow. Nathan didn't really get to enjoy the snow last winter. This year, he got to play outside, build a snowman, and go ice skating (a 2 year old can ice skate when he has feet as HUGE as this one).

I think my two favorite things about parenting a toddler are experiencing the wonder in everyday things and being forced to just slow down. I find that these little things, like snowy February days flowing into unseasonably warm March ones, fuel my love of life. Whether it's building this snowman or allowing him to push the stroller all the way home, once our experience is over, we have to stop and savor them. The Targo and I will talk for weeks about how much fun we had doing these things, any thing, with Nathan.

I'm grateful to be able to stop and live it, but also to have the photos to remember these things by. I'm so looking forward to this spring and watching my handsome little toddler grow and develop into a preschooler, and then a little boy. And the joy that I've felt, having The Targo by my side, has really lifted me up. I feel like all those little prayers I lift up to God, thanking him for my very boring, very ordinary life are well-heard and heeded.


2 comments:

Becca said...

Great post! And so true. And it just keeps getting better!

AJU5's Mom said...

Looks like he really enjoyed the snow! Isn't it so fun to see the looks on their faces when they do something new? I get sad when I miss some of those faces though...